Friday 19 December 2014

Relic Knights... The continuation

Welcome one and all and Merry Christmas to you. I hope your hobby has been filled with plastic, resin or cardboard crack! 

While I'm in the process of ignoring my family and watching TV while they run around like headless chickens, what better time to update the blog! I uploaded these photos ages ago to the blog but never got round to typing so what better time! 

Christmas? Oh yeah... I managed to get a shed load of stuff at the Black Friday sale but due to complications I haven't managed to receive my wonderful gifts yet... Damn you Royal Mail! Monday... Monday! 

So... What's been going on... Well... I've managed to purchase a complete Tau army (2k) which is tournament ready and I've been painting that up over the week (pictures at the end). I have added a sky ray... Hmmm... We shall see! 

Anyway, down at the bottom of the garden, amongst the birds and the bees, there is a little town called ... Stourbridge! Where else did you think I meant? 

I walked in the other day to see these wonderful things on the desk. I did think to myself 'wow, new Star Wars mini game!' And I wasn't far wrong! If you haven't seen it, the best way to describe it is basically a little bit like space hulk just Star Wars themed! Looks very cool! The lads in the store were painting these up so what better time to showcase!


Now onto this bad boy... Apparently there is some book called 'End Times' with some fluff in where a high elf dude turns into an Avatar or some big fuck off monster... Anyway Steve (@furryjamhats) has painted up this lad...


Okay, after all that excitement it's time for the main event! I managed to squeeze in another relic knight game which was at 35 points against Matt (@thetweetsofmatt). I was using Cerci Speed Curicuit and Matt used Doctorine. After our previous game we chatted about different options and what we could do to change the game / change the result. Due to the win conditions of the game, getting to 7 pts would be fairly easy depending on what was flipped for missions.
Before we get onto that, the Cadres. Mine: Princess Mayla, 2 units of Hells belles, a unit of pit crew and Mr Tomn. 


Matt took (l-r) Fiametta, FF9000... I think... It's a fucking robot, Codifier and Toga. And Cecila!
As you can see, a massive difference in the crew size! 

On to the missions... Matt has got the following: primary, secondary and faction.

I managed to get the following: primary at the top, secondary in the middle, faction at the bottom! 
So from my perspective it is a very manageable task to achieve, particularly with the Princess who just bounces all over the place! 
So the objectives are on the board, mine in green, matt's in yellow! 

So...off we go... For this mission out of the 5 units I had, I only used 3! Can you guess what they are? 

I'm only going to my primary mission... The reason being... I thought it was a lot harder than I originally read... Turns out I was wrong! I needed to put a marker on each of Matt's objectives and one on my main marker! Woop! 


So... In about 15 minutes the game had concluded with a 7-0 win. Just from competing my primary , coupled with my faction objective... 
It was a crazy game with the set up lasting longer than the game itself! 
The fact was, as last game, Cerci were nearly unstoppable at this and confirms my belief that at 35 pts... Well... Amazing! 
We have decided that we will play 50pts next to increase the activation queue meaning that instead of having two models which activate in a queue, it increases to 4! That way the princess can't bounce around as often as she does at 35pts which should open the game up! Got another two models to build and then I'm done! I've got two of my regular painters going to attempt to paint these for me: the paint seers (@NigelSBartlett and @wilsongrahams) - they are open for commissions if you do want anything painted in the new year! (No, I'm not on commission for me to tell you!)

I really want to get more games of RK in but with it not being available on suppliers, it's difficult to spread the word! Hopefully 2015!

Now... On to my next flittering project. Yes, I have fallen out of love with 40k recently but it has been revived slit lay by an opportunity I couldn't pass up... A 2k Tau force for £300... I know... Bow to me! I received: 
Ethereal
Cadre Fireblade
24 warriors
18 pathfinders
3 riptides
7 broadsides
3 battlesuits

Hmm... Yes... Yes! 
Now, I've been painting these up with the intent of playing them in the new year at 1850pts. 
My progress: 

It's been an interesting painting project so far and with only 43 non battle suited models, it should be easy...right? Right? 

Anyway... That's it from me this Christmas Day! If I get bored on the family again, I will endeavour to write a short story based in Malifaux because I haven't had my fix of Faux for a while, apart from the podcasts! 

Have a merry Xmas!

I'll see you soon! 






















No comments:

Post a Comment