Wednesday 31 December 2014

Looking to the Future

It has come to that time of the year where everyone looks back at what they've done and promises that things will change within the next year. For some, this comes true. For others, it's just complete bollocks!

I thought that I would have a look at a few highlights of my year in geek and what I'm blatantly not going to be doing in 2015!

So my highlights...

- I've been involved in the Malifaux tournament scene; attending the GT - largest Malifaux tournament EVER... until the Yanks get hold of it at the next 'Con'.
- Won a wooden spoon (At a Malifaux tourney)... although I'm not sure it's a highlight but I did get a spoon out of it I can use for cooking!
- Played a wide variety of games systems which has enabled me to enjoy the hobby more; Malifaux, 40k, WFB, Relic Knights, MTG, Star Trek Attack Wing and even Batman!
- Taken a shit load of photos to share with the Twitter community!
- Demoed Malifaux games and have helped people get into the hobby.
- Run 40k and Malifaux tourneys down my LGS.

So some fantastic things to be proud of this year. I know there has also been a lot more going on outside of my own little gaming circle. Events such as WAAC have raised a substantial amount of money to help in the fight against Cancer, something I'm proud to say I've supported.

There is a load of people to say thank you to this year and it's hard to name all of them without going into an Oscar speech! What I will say is, everyone who has been a factor in the 2014 year of geekery... Thank You! Unless I didn't get on with you or you were a cock then fuck you, you're a cock!

So what of 2015? What does the future hold? Well, looking into my crystal ball I can surely tell you that a lot more money will go into plastic crack!
Quite simply, I'm after a few things:
- Be competitive in the Malifaux Tournament scene; this means not just taking a 'thematic' build or models which I think are good but actually play test and have a set number of masters (3 ideally) which I can use at any given time to compete at a tournament level.
- Have a batch of models painted! This will probably be on most people's list if they were brutally honest. I have many things to paint and I need to sort it and get going! I have tried not buying anything until I've painted what I've got... but I'm too weak! So... Need to pull my finger out!
- Read more fluff... I know, it's speculative!
- Build my Malifaux Dreamer Board! Need more dolls house scenery but don't worry... I'll get there!
- Play more games and find time to regularly play.

Only a few things really, so not much for 2015. I'm sure more will be added to the list as the year goes on but for now they are all very manageable and achievable targets.

I hope those who are reading this will have something in store for 2015. It promises to be a fantastic year and I'm really looking forward to it!

So, I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment