Saturday 7 February 2015

Return of the Mac! (Vassalfaux)

It's one of those times where you can't get out the house to play and you end up going on Vassal.
I know people love to play face to face but there are just times when you can't get out!

So I ended up playing Matt (@thetweetsofmatt) on a 'new' board which we both haven't played before. There are many people who like Vassal and some who think it's not realistic enough.
I really like Vassal because it has different boards to where I play and it expands my ability as a player.

I've got a few screenshots to accompany the commentary with a few bits a pieces of what happened too!

Here we go then:
I thought we had arranged the game to play a ToMB game as I my minis still haven't been delivered! But I was wrong! We were playing a 50SS game, so not what I was expecting which caught me a bit off guard but I went default!



Map: Catacomb(If you listen to Before We Begin - it's the same on as Chris and Ewan played on)

Strategy: Reckoning. 
Schemes: Line in the Sand, Protect Territory, Bodyguard, Outflank, Entourage. 
Deployment: Standard

I declared Neverborn (shock) and went with:

Dreamer
-         - Dreams of Pain
-          -Tantrum
-          -Dreaming Wings
Widow Weaver
-          -Handbag
Teddy
Teddy
Mr Tannen

Schemes:
*Protect Territory: revealed
*Entourage: hidden

Matt declared Guild and I thought he was going to go with Hoffman again but when he told me what he was playing, I was in for a bit of a shock!


McCabe
-          -Badge of Speed
-          -Promises
-          -Strange Metal Shirt
Sidir
Rifleman
Rifleman
Pathfinder & 2 traps
2 Wastrels

Schemes
*Protect Territory: revealed
* Outlfank: hidden
 

Game Highlights:

-Teddy gobbles up Death Marshal and after triggering “Delicious” heals 3 wounds!
-Other teddy can’t gobble riflemen and charges, kills one with 2 mods
-McCabe fails to give the Rifleman something in order to push 4” – failed!
-Dreamer summons stitched
-McCabe charges teddy : Red Joker to hit, black joker to damage
-McCabe brings Teddy down to 1 wound…
-Tannen gets up leave it to luck up
-Dreamer plays Red Joker and summons a teddy!
-McCabe hits teddy on 3 wounds, quadruple neg flip – moderate – 3 damage!
-McCabe def flip: Red Joker / Teddy’s flip: 13… Beaten by 1!!!
-McCabe kills teddy and hits widow weaver
-Widow Weaver Seizes Prey: Paralyzes McCabe and gives him poison 5!
-Guild Rifleman hits Mounted McCabe, knocks him off horse and summons unmounted McCabe!
-Dismounted McCabe gives himself reactive and sacrifices himself at the end of the turn!
-McCabe hits Widow Weaver and kills it (after her preventing 2 damage)
-McCabe reactivates and hits Tannen for 8 with Red Joker on damage flip!
-Game ends Turn 5... 7-6 Loss.










Overall, not a bad game. I didn't read to the bottom of the card for Entourage which would have given me an additional point! I'm not sure taking Widow Weaver has its benefits in this game, particularly when I needed things to hit hard. An illuminated or two more stitched might be an idea at some point so I can deal damage early! Tannen did a good job, apart from being blown apart by McCabe! 
For Matt, McCabe was the lynchpin model in this crew and I was slightly annoyed that when he 'sacrificed' himself he just takes himself off the horse but as the same time, I should have gone after other things to kill - like the two outflanking models on either side of the board! 

I don't think I played the game like I should have and I didn't read the game at all well so losing by 1VP was just fine by me! A few lessons learnt for next time so we will see how it goes!

Thanks for reading!

I'll see you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment