Monday 3 October 2016

Raedland National Badge (Guild Ball)

A quick post today just looking at progress on what Raedland's national badge could look like.
After a discussion on facebook, Sherwin Matthews has excellently pointed me in the direction of the fluff for Raedland. He has drawn his vision for the Old Skaldic Empire.
 He says: 'Suitably militaristic, but with a nod to the royal family also.'

I really love the design and it inspired me to have a look at Raedland. After reading the fluff behind it, I came to the following conclusions: Island nation, strong naval presence, taxes to the fishermen, build up forests and large areas of open grassland and a huge empire. 
So, I've come up with the following design: 
 
I've incorportated the forests, the fish, a triumphal arch and the 'Queen's House'. The ship at the top is for the navy and over the top, a pitchfork (which looks more like a dining fork) and a trident behind the Queen's crown.
The motto; 'Per Terram Et Per Mare Vinceret' means 'Conquerer by land and by sea.' (Roughly). Although I may be changing this motto slightly! If I take any more words out I will be dangerously close to copyright infringement for the Royal Marines!

I'm going to have a go at a few more designs and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for reading,
I'll see you soon!

@geekphotoguy

No comments:

Post a Comment