Sunday 16 March 2014

The one where I try out my #ToMB crew!

Well, it's not been long since I became a member of the #ToMB crew and actually it gives quite an exciting insight into a different style of gaming and by that I mean the 'Start a new' style which gives so many games such a buzz when they start the hobby for the first time! I have been much the same with the Neverborn conception and I can't wait to get them on the table and use them! Well, today I got to use one of the two crews I acquired: Pandora!
As stated in a previous post, I listen to a lot of podcasts which talk about the filth of Neverborn and their combos which they have up their sleeves and that really appealed to me! I think what most appealed to me was the purple... but that's for another post/conversation!
I want to say to those of you who have been a part of reading this that I have passed over 1000 views and I couldn't be more grateful that you are reading my ramblings! I know perhaps some of you who read the Malifaux stuff won't read the 40k and vise versa but I'm really shocked and pleased that I can be a part of your day! Right...soppy shit over, violin away and now on to the hard stuff!

I have had a conversation today with Joel Henry (@Joel_Henry) who, for those of you who don't know, is currently ranked No.1 Malifaux player in the UK! I was chatting to him about playing and getting a bit of faux in and we've reached a verbal agreement that a day on a weekend soon we will get together and we shall have a few games. It will be a great experience for me, not just playing with the top player in country but also to test myself with my crew and seeing what they can do! Problem... I don't have all my Ten Thunder's stuff so I may be using my ToMB crew depending on what time we meet! I really hope that I can provide a challenge for him too! As ever, like when I play 40k, I don't want my oppo to be bored be it in a losing or winning position! I will report on what happens / how I get on!

Now, onto my adventures in geekland today! My day started off with a bit of exercise playing Lacrosse then on to Titan Games! I thought that it might be a bit busier than it was and one of the regulars on a Sunday plays faux and if he was down there I would give his Viks a game! He wasn't there! Hopefully Thursday he will be or another opponent! I know there is another Misaki player there, so I will be able to hopefully give him a game!

In the absence of a local player, I played my Mrs, who if I didn't say before in this blog - plays Guild (predominantly Lady J!). Because we are both learning the game we decided to go for straight kick the shit out of each other! Now, I'm using my #ToMB crew, more specifically Pandora and her entourage. We played 50SS and I took:
Pandora
Candy
Kade
Poltergiest
3 Sorrows
Teddy

My Mrs took:
Lady J
The Judge
3 Death Marshalls
3 Witchling Stalkers
The Scales of Justice

I've heard a lot of talk about Pandora and her awesome manipulation regarding WP duels and failing WP. I thought that it would be good to have 3 sorrows, Candy and Pandora set up on the left hand side and Kade, Teddy and the Poltergeist set up on the right. I've later found out this is a massive mistake! I need the geist near Pandora! Now, this comes down to my major fault in EVERY games system... READING THE RULES! More importantly, reading to the bottom of the card!
What happened in the game was something which I try and do to my opponents but this time it worked on me... that was double teaming! Now, this wasn't the case throughout the whole game but the sheer damage output and high WP of the Guild made it hard for me to break down!

I tried to catapult Sorrows up the board at pace, unfortunately, due to not keeping fast moving models close (Poltergeist) I couldn't do this with the effect that I wanted them to have. But now I've learnt that, I'll try them again!
The game didn't last 5 turns! It only lasted 4! I lost 2 Sorrows and Teddy in the 2nd turn, as well as losing the geist and the other sorrow on turn 3 to the pure weight of attacks and good flipping!
Pandora however was smashing the field! In turn 3 Pandora managed to get Lady J to do 2 Severe flips onto herself with her sword causing 12 damage! This, as it happened, was enough to kill Lady J! SUCCESS! But that was the only shining moment in an otherwise bad day at the office! Pandora eventually fell to a shed load of cocked revolvers aimed at her head!







It came down to this... The Guild against a 7 year old girl with an unhealthy obsession to carry skulls around with her!

Unfortunately, Candy died a horrible, horrible death! Not even locked in the box horrible but like REALLY horrible blade to the face death! She didn't die without a fight! She did managed to take down a Stalker!

I know that I've got to look at my deployment again because that cost me the game. It wasn't as if I was really unlucky with flips... it was just the fact that I split my crew and they were taken off as piecemeal! I won't be doing that again!

My next encounter I will be looking at using The Dreamer and Lord Chompy Bits! Can't wait to use him, I'm really looking forward to using him and summoning all sorts of crazy shit all over the board! It is a different style to the TT but it's something which I've quite enjoyed! Really looking forward to using them again soon! Thursday if not before!!!

It's only a quickie today but I will hopefully have a more in depth report for you soon!

Thanks for reading!
I'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment