Tuesday 4 March 2014

The one where I'm a massive let down!

Greetings! It's been a few days since I've blogged and that's for a number of reasons:
1. A ton of work to do! Now those of you who are reading this and know what I do for a job and are thinking "Complete Bollocks!" my reply is really simple... Fuck you! I do actually work!
2. Lack of things to blog about. Although I have been busy, I haven't really had much to update you on! That I have done I'm hoping to cover now.
3. Working on projects. I'm working hard on my CSM list and getting models together ready for tournament/regular game play.

Before I look at my CSM list I have a massive confession to make! Due to my increased workload I completely forgot that I have work commitments at the weekend. AT THE WEEKEND?! I hear you say! Well, welcome to the real world! That would be just super-de-duper and I don't mind except for... Death or Glory is this weekend! So I've had to be 'that guy' and pull out of the tournament. It's something I've not taken lightly and something I really didn't want to do but unfortunately I've had to! There are just times where reality gets in the way! Damn it!

This is coupled with my other disappointment at not checking my diary meaning that I can't attend ToS due to a seminar! This is the 2nd event of the month which I can't attend. It's also the second event of the month I was going to use sisters. I can only conclude that it's that time of the month! I am really disappointed because I want to establish myself on the tournament scene and play against competitive players who will play something I've not seen before! I have been thinking about two types of list: CSM and SM. I've heard some really nice SM ideas knocking around with the centurion bomb - Centurion devs in a unit with Tau batman (toys that make the unit split fire, skyfire, stick dildos up their asses...pretty much anything you can think of!) and Tigger! Well... I've taken that idea and come up with another type of list which I'm going to try and play with! It's very much like the farsight bomb with the firepower it can lay down! The difference now...It'll include some inquisition. I'll look at that later!

Now, on Friday we have another opportunity for us all to meet and play a few games around Pete's (@Petehumpage) house. In attendance; Nigel (@NigelSBartlett), Graham (@Wilsongrahams), Mark/Sponge (@79sponge), Nathan (@NinjaNathUK), Luke (@lukanwhitehouse) and Stuart...not Shaun...Stuart (@CaptainHelvetos). Of course, I will be there with Pete! I will be leaving very quickly from work to get across to Pete's to make a 5pm game against Nath!
Nath has been laying the smacketh down on Twitter and genuinely scaring me! I'm scared for a few reasons... 1. He has a raptor and that shit is scary! 2. Every time I play he evolves his list and learns from his mistakes, making changes which plug gaps - sign of a good gamer! 3. I hate terminators!
What do I expect from him? Well... A few things he's hinted at which I can take with a slight pinch of salt but may have a ring of truth...
1. Land Raider which host terminators! Now, I can save myself here by knowing that the most that can be in a LR can be 8 (dependent on the Raider used). How do I combat this? Well... not very easily! There isn't a great deal which can be done against the raider from the list I'm going to use which will rip through it. The best strategy is to let it go at me and deal with the termies, the people I know I can deal with with shooting attacks.
2. Raptor smash! The one thing I think will be staple in his list. The question is, how do I deal with it? I think with the options I've got for flyers and anti air, I'm not so worried. I'll be looking for the jump on him though, so I will need to go 2nd ideally. If that doesn't happen, then I'll have to hope to bring things on in waves and see how I can position my flyers to get the best out of them to deal with that first!
3. Librarians... I hate libbys! Especially when they're casting all sorts of crap on the unit which make them rock! Doing this on a unit of termies would really shit me up! Later I'm going to look at a Centurion Bomb list which uses SM and SM allies!

So, my list.
I've thought long and hard about this and conversations I've had with different people and passing lists to and fro have enabled me to gain a better understanding of what I should/need to be taking to make my list competitive. Now I can fully understand your disgust when you're reading this and you think to yourself it's not about the competitive side or the game, it's about having a laugh and painting cool models...and you'd be wrong! Joking, you're right. It is what I like to do, but I also like to compete too. I don't think Nathan realizes it, but he has a list which would be competitive at tournaments and would give most armies a fair game. Now I could come and play sisters and it would be a good game! Especially if I used my pre-BBV build and see how they get on. However, I want to see what CSM can do and be able to manipulate their abilities to create a competitive list.

Here we go:



Primary Detachment: Chaos Space Marines
HQ
Chaos Sorcerer [65] Mark of Nurgle [15] Burning Brand of Skalathrax [30] Power Weapon [15] Sigil of Corruption [25] 150

Troops
Cultists [50] +9 Cultists [36] 86

Chaos Space Marines [75] +5 CSM [65] Rhino [35] Dirge Caster [5] 180

Chaos Space Marines [75] +5 CSM [65] Rhino [35] Dirge Caster [5] 180

Fast Attack
Heldrake [170] Baleflamer [0] 170

Heldrake [170] Baleflamer [0] 170

Heavy Support
Maulerfiend [125] Lashertendrils [20] 145

Maulerfiend [125] Lashertendrils [20] 145

2 Obliterators [140] Mark of Nurgle [12] 152

Allied Detachment: Chaos Daemons
HQ:
Herald of Nurgle [45] Exalted Reward [30] Great Locus [25] 100

Troops
Plaguebearers [90] 90

Plaguebearers [90] 90

Heavy Support
Soulgrinder [135] Phlegm Bombardment [30] Warp Sword [25] 190

Total: 1848

Now, I've had to make some tough choices for this list and I'm not sure I've necessarily made the right ones. I do want to use Spawn and I was thinking of 2 units, but at this stage and the way I want this work, I can't afford it. I would also like to try trip Heldrake! But perhaps now isn't the time...or is it?! 
This is what I'm basing my list around and I am trying to look at getting the Black Legion dex so I can look at combos in there. I know the Steed of Slaanesh / Black Legion gift lets a unit outflank which would make a unit of cultists a very good deckchair unit at the back of the oppos board edge! 
I've got a few tricks up my sleeve with things I want to try and want to work out. So I will be making adjustments but most probably after this game seeing how it does!
I am currently toying with a list which is Necron CSM... I shall post later! If I've got the figures that'll be the list I'll use but what I've got planned involves things I just don't have! (Unless I proxy!)

My last thought... for now... SM... 
There have been some lists knocking around at Dark Millennium and the Las Vegas Open which have had some really dirty combos on marines. A few are bikes but others involve chapter masters! I wanted to toy with an 1850 list which involves Chapter Masters AND a Centurion Bomb... Here we go:


Primary Detachment: Space Marines
HQ
Chapter Master [130] Artificer Armour [20] Armour Indomitus [60] Bike [20] Power Weapon [15] 245
Chapter Master [130] Artificer Armour [20] Bike [20] Shield Eternal [50] Power Weapon [15] 235

Troops
Scouts [55] Land Speeder Storm [45] 100
Scouts [55] Land Speeder Storm [45] 100
Scouts [55] Land Speeder Storm [45] 100

Heavy Support
Centurion Devastator Squad [190] +2 Centurions [120] 3 Grav Weapons [60] 2 Lascannons [40] Omniscope [10] 420

Allied Detachment: Space Marines
HQ
Chief Librarian Tigirus [165] 165

Troops
Scouts [55] Land Speeder Storm [45] 100

Fast Attack
Stormtalon [110] Skyhammer Missiles [15] 125

Heavy Support
Thunderfire Cannon [100] 100

Inquisitorial Allies
HQ
Cotez [100] 100

Inquisitor [25] Psykotrope Grenades [15] Heriticus Relic (or something like that) [15] 55

Total: 1845

Now by no means is this list finished or anywhere near completion. I want to attach as much as I can to the unit. Now, this can work in two ways. If there is a great deal of LoS blocking terrain you can hide the whole bomb behind or if it's going to get stingy - One CM next to a thunderfire and another hidden. Ideally, I want tigger to get Gate from his powers which would enable me to zip across the board and because of the relentless rule the mass of salvo attacks will make a mockery of anything that moves near them! I'll keep you updated with this list and see how it gets on!

For now, I will go and have a look at a CSM/Necron combo and see what can be done with those. But for now... Thanks for reading!

I'll see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment