Friday 21 March 2014

The one where I went for Malifaux and ended up with 40k!

Well dear readers it has been something of a tempestuous week! I've not had much time to do much hobbying over the last 5 days and I think I've suffered for it! I told you last time about how I tried my #ToMB force out and that was the idea this time on the way to my LGS (Titan Games). I was super psyked to say the least! To be perfectly honest I was going to be on it like Sonic but I just didn't turn out that way!
I turned up and unfortunately there was no-one to play! DAMN IT! I want to kill things with Dreamer and Lord Chompy or mess with your minds with Pandy! It came to me after I painty Pandora that I could have gone for comic effect and painted her like Andy Pandy... worth a punt!

I'm going to look in to that... Stay tuned!

Oh, anyway, back to my story of woe! I went down the LGS and with no-one to play I was forced... into playing Kill Team for 40k. Those of you who don't know Kill Team (from what I understand) has the following rules:

200pts
No 2+ saves of any kind
0-1 Elite, 0-1 Fast Attack, 0-2 Troops
Armour can't be more than 33 all round
You must buy units but use them individually
Highest Ld is the 'leader', no Gary Glitter style but like leading a team!
You must give 3 of your war band/Kill Team a special rule which can include Relentless, FNP and Ignores Cover (I know this because these are the 3 I took!)

Well, I was going to take Tau (borrowed from the store) but after realizing that Tau are complete bollocks in Kill Team as you can you only take like 4 units which fulfill the requirements! So, I went for Chaos! Now, I could have taken 40 Cultists just bare, making them just a blob walking up the board, however I settled for:
5 Noise Marines, Blast Master, DoomSiren
10 Cultists, Flamer

I had to give 3 abilities to models so I went:
The Blast Master - Relentless
DoomSiren - FNP
Marine - Ignores Cover (on a bolter...not bad!)

I was playing against 3 other players. We were going to do 1 on 1 but we might as well of put us together! So, I was facing another CSM list, a DE list and a Eldar list!
I can't really remember what was in the lists, I know 'you're fucking useless!' is running through your minds but I can give you a brief outline:

DE:
5 Harlequins
10 Warriors with a Blaster that ignores cover...powergaming bullshit!

Eldar:
5 Dire Avengers (1 exarch with some bollocks on it!)
10 Guardians

CSM:
5 Marines (and a champ with a power sword or two or something like that)
10 cultists!

WOW! What an exciting run down! Aren't you glad I tried to run that down!
Well, we decided that every turn we would roll of initiative and see which of us gets to smash each other in the face and which one would just be there to die! Luckily, the power armoured machines went first! The set up was a 10x10 square in the corner of the board! Well, with 15 models the 10x10 was tight!



Now, you might look at those pictures and go... They don't look like noise marines! And... you'd be right but give me a break hey! I only picked up the game 10 minutes ago! So they were my proxy noise marines!
The game went to and fro, it actually ended up that the 2 CSM lists and Eldary lists allied up for the first few turns and walked towards each other. The blastmaster...well...with relentless... 3 guardians dead in the 1st turn!
One thing to note... The Doom Siren AND the Cultist Flamer finished off all of the Harlequins!
Before I forget... We are playing 6 turns (not in the kill team rules but it makes for a more exciting game) and you have to hold the objective on top of the platform...
As demonstrated here!

Well, walking up the board and smashing people in the face was the order of the day! I do like Kill Team very much and I think it's a great way in to 40k and an excellent tool to refine skills!

Anyway, I digress.... So, I start by going up the board. Directly opposite me is the DE player and that blaster is complete bollocks! AP1 or some shit! Well... hmm! You wouldn't catch me taking anything as bollocks as that... oh wait!
My Cultist flamer took 10 shots against him from the DE warriors... 3 hit... 0 wounds! Terrible terrible dice rolling! I thought Pete was bad... not quite this bad! The important thing is...he survived and got rid of 2 harlies!
My CSM oppo decided that he would go for the Eldar contingent which helped! He managed to whittle down the Eldar to three models before he bit the dust!







 There you can see my Oppo's team! The one before that... A guardian, a cultist and a CSM walk into a bar... The CSM leaves... No joke... that's actually how it happened...true story!

I'd like to tell you it ended well for everyone else but it didn't! I managed to lose 3 marines and kept everyone else alive! I was literally the last man standing! Huzzah!
It was a great game and something which brings a new dynamic to 40k, almost Rouge Trader stylee with smaller units running round the board! A fantastic experience!

We even had time for a little bit of fun...




I know... I'm so cool!

Right, back to the good stuff!
I have picked up Rivet Wars recently and the other day I managed to play it! I played 3 games against the Mrs and she won 2!!! Another fantastic game with some AWESOME minis! I actually bought the game on the basis of how awesome the mini's looked! Don't take my word for it... have a look:














The great thing about it, stuff just comes back on! Constant reinforcements! Huzzah!

Sweet eh? I will go in to this in more detail in another post because I really have to go! I have managed to hurt my wrist (not by doing that) and my leg through being a hero for Sport Relief! I know... worship me!!!



Well, before I go I want to show you how my Ten Thunders are coming along from @NigelSBartlett:
Cannot wait until they're all done! Apparently... they're near!!!

Thanks for reading! I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment