Monday 24 November 2014

The one with Relic Knights and such!


So we're back again with a brand new rap and everybody in the club's going mad... of course, we're not in a club because we're too busy gluing figures together, painting them and some of us are even masturbating over 'Super Wicked Powergaming list' you can create with the loop holes in the rules...WORKSHOP!

Whatever happens... as long as you enjoy it! 

Last time I talked about Relic Knights and some bits and pieces that I had received from the wonderful people on e-Bay. I can confirm that I've got some more which does mean I've doubled up on the Relic and Questing Knights, which isn't so bad and I've increased individual units which is cool!
I thought I'd show you what I've got so far (along with Chaos Dwarfs in the background and Vicks VapoRub!).
I'm looking now to get them painted (not as shit as the one at the front) but actually to a decent standard. I think in order to do that I will need to hire someone who can paint and not just dry brush like I!
As well as finding someone, I've been looking at designs. Here are some examples of what I'm looking for but I think that I'm wanting a whole theme. I was pondering the use of yellow with black squares or even white with black squares - yes, checkered flagesque!

I do like this light blue style but... meh... I'm liking the thought of yellow/black or black/white! Simples!




So the concept of Relic Knights? Well, it's mission based. It doesn't focus on killing other models but completing schemes (much like Malifaux but less violence)! Here a stat card for one of my faction - Cerci Speed Circuit. These are the Hell's Belles... a jetbike unit. The game takes the format in which you move (the first of the top two numbers) in inches, do an action (which might be an attack, interaction, etc) and then... MOVE AGAIN (the second of the numbers on the first line). This unit has a movement each turn of 18" if they want it!
You also don't activate all your models at once, or even on a 'you go - I go' until all models are activated. All models are placed in an activation que which  does adopt the 'you go - I go' format but only with certain models. Confused? No? Good.

There a no dice, just cards! This deck is called the Esper Deck. Esper is the magical energy which powers the world. Each card (with the exception of those black holes) has 2 Esper categories - the larger of the two is worth 2 Esper of that colour, the smaller - is worth 1.
To use these cards, every unit has a set of abilities or attacks which cost a certain value - say 3 green and 2 blue. You must have the cards in your hand in order to use that ability/attack. If you haven't got it... you can't use it! Tough!

I'm quite excited to try this and I will get the chance to this week against @thetweetsofmatt, so I'll take lots of photos and report back to you with how I got on! I think Matt will be using Doctorine - a Harry Potter Magical Academy. It'll be an interesting game if nothing else... better get reading the rules!

Anyway... ONWARD... to Malifaux! 
Long Long Ago... in a Breach far far away... lived Burt and Gracie...I was like... What the hell is Gracie Law doing here? To which the response came back to me... She can't get enough of me! Pfft... he wishes!



Two Burts... aren't you lucky! This one is one I faced on Friday. 
Two Burts... aren't you lucky! The Burt above is a mean S.O.B I faced on Friday when I got to meet a TwitterFauxer Mark (@RedMoonHead) who actually frequents Titan Stourbridge's Sister Store in Lincoln! He's been playing 'Faux for a few months and has a really good grasp of it. He's down here on work so I was lucky enough to get a game with him. Afterwards, we managed to discuss getting to a few tournaments and even having a team to go with called the Titan Tyrants! Really excited for the tournament scene in 2015, especially if I'm going with a big group of homies!
Onto the game... I chose to focus on Jakob Lynch and I was facing off against Somer. It would be a really interesting game especially as we're playing Turf War. Let's say... this didn't end well for me! I said that I'll be looking at a few masters and a fixed faction for 2015...what better way to ease myself in than try out Lynch!
So... I used - Lynch, Huggy, TT Archer, 2 Wastrels, 2 Illuminated, Beckoner, Graves and Tannen. I was up against; Somer, Lenny, 2 Slop Haulers, Burt, Joanna, a few Bayou gremlins (not sure how many he started with due to the fact there were 100 on the table at the end of turn one!) Either way, I was swamped! It wasn't too bad getting towards the Turf Marker but completing my Strats was a different story!
In the pool, we had; Line, Murder Protege, Distract, Assassinate and ... something else!

I used: Murder Protege (Joanna) and Assassinate
Mark took: Assassinate and Distract

It was hard to complete my Murder Prot...particularly considering Joanna flung her hammer into the middle of my crew... so I had to kill her... damn it... 3 points down already. Assassinate was also out because he did really well in bubble wrapping Somer so I couldn't touch him... until I got Huggy in doing damage, with the archer and illuminated chipping in. Graves and Tannen also had their part to play in reducing him to one wound... and then Lenny killed him... shit! Another 3 points gone...
By this time Mark got distract off on multiple models and assassinated Lynch which left him on 10 and me on 4... Learnt a lot about Lynch in that game... like... don't walk him in charge range of Joanna!


Now... This brings me on to my final item of the day... Chaos dwarfs! 
You might know that I purchased a CD army of Steve at Titan which consists of mainly Mantic figures! On Friday I'm playing with Graham (@Wilsongrahams)... no not like that... that's in the car afterward, against Pete (@petehumpage) in a 3000 pt game of Fantasy. Now, I haven't picked up fantasy in about 2 years so I can't really remember many of the rules. I do remember that CD's can't walk very far! I've had a go at writing a 1500 pt army list just to see what it's like! Eventually, I want to get the ForgeWorld Bull Centaurs and war machines then fill the troops out with Mantic figures... twice the figure for half the price!



Overall, this week... Relic Knights on Wednesday and Warhammer on Friday! No Malifaux but fear not... it won't be long!

I've got a huge apocalypse game coming up in which I pit my Necrons against Graham's Orks in 3000 points of 40k carnage! In my next post, I will unveil my army list and background for the game, as well as how this week went in gaming terms!

So... I'll see you soon!

(Please note, I would insert a suitable Big Trouble in Little China quote here... but I don't know any... so you can fill in the rest!)

No comments:

Post a Comment