Friday 12 August 2016

Exodus of Orobos (WWX and Warmachine)

As well as playing a great game of Guild Ball against Si (@irons1de1), I also managed to get in a run through of Wild West Exodus and two games of Warmachine!

I've shown the WWX figures in a previous blog post but they are beautiful! It was great to get the models on the table, if nothing else - to see how the game plays.
I was up against Ryan and as we plunged into this together, it was best to see how the game played.
How did it play? Pretty well!


Here is my force:

Key Moments
- After set up but close combat Indians run together into the centre of the board by the barrells - obviously for cover!


 - Jesse James steps out from behind a building (hiding like a girl) and shoots the Inidians behind the barrells...with Thermite Rounds... which blast... hard... Some Indians got taken off...
- Sitting Bull goes full steam ahead and tries to get into Jesse James. He makes it but doesn't have the attacks to smash face! However, Jesse James can shoot in combat and he can shoot hard! Jesse takes Sitting Bull down to 3 wounds (in combination with 2 other characters).
- Poor Sitting Bull is now Chief Sitting Duck and Ryan runs one of his hired hands behind Sitting Bull and... shoots him in the back!
- Walks Looking (Sidekick) goes into 3 posse members and kills thems all... dead... completely dead...
- Walks Looking wasn't looking and caught a bullet right between the eyes... 4 times...
- The Outlaws mop up the remaining 3 Indians by savagely shooting them all!

All in all, an excellent game with some amazing synergies and cool tricks. I love the fact you can activate up to three models at a time. The D10 system is brilliant, it offers so much more opportunity than the d6 system.
Overall, a really good game with some very synergistic play. I can't wait to play again!

Now, with some time to spare both Ryan and I went on to playing a bit of WarmaHordes. Instead of rolling out the Trolls, I decided to put out Circle! We are only playing Battle Box sets in preparation for the Journeyman League.
 Ryan was playing Khador led by Sorcha


After playing two games, Circle are a constant threat - more so than the Trolls. I like the Circle box a lot. I think using a heavy warbeast as opposed to three light warbeasts helped. It will be a tough choice when it comes to the Journeyman.
I've managed to find a fair bit of Circle stuff and I'm still waiting on a little bit more to come in at my FLGS!

Well, it was from this on to Guild Ball! A real full day of gaming!

Thanks for reading.
I'll see you soon!

 @geekphotoguy

No comments:

Post a Comment