Friday 5 August 2016

Wiki-Wiki-Wild, Wild West!

Hello!

Just thought I'd update you with some of the stuff going on for things apart from Guild Ball!
It's really only a quick post with 2 updates:

1. Wild West Exodus
I've been looking at Wild West Exodus (WWX) for some time (around 5 or 6 years) but had no-one who wanted to explore it deeper with me. Finally, after all those years, I've found someone to who is willing to play! Ryan, from my FLGS (Phoenix Games, Stourbridge), has taken the plunge with me and after lengthy discussions we came to the conclusion that we will give it a go.
I've chosen to go with the Warrior Nation - which is the Indians! They do look super cool models. Ryan has chosen to go for the Outlaws. I will point out that there are some very famous faces in WWX including Abe Lincoln (with a HUGE axe), Thomas Edison, Billy the Kid and the Earps!

I opted to go for a Starter box which includes a Boss, an 'sidekick' and 10 Hired Hands (5 shooting and 5 combat) and a Totem Pole set. I have no idea what any of this stuff does but you can't be an Indian Tribe without a Totem pole, right?

Here is what I built!

The Totem Pole and Mini Totems
 Sitting Bull - the Boss!
 The sidekick - Walks Looking

They are beautiful models. My one gripe with it is that they can't be posed in weird and interesting ways but, I'll overlook that small point for the beauty of the Boss; Sitting Bull.

Each model comes with rules cards but they are not in the box, they cannot be purchased - they are found online to download... individually... not as a zip file... every single card... individual... hmm!

I'd love to tell you what each card does but quite simply, I've forgotten! Here is an example of Sitting Bull's card:

The appeal of this game is not just the Wild West with a steampunk/technological vibe, it's the fact it uses D10s to create a versitility to the game, enabling more interactions to happen. It also has the ability to activate 3 models at one time, allowing for greater tactical depth.

Over the course of the week I shall dig out my D10s and have a quick mock game before I get to play Ryan on Thursday. Watching a few videos on YouTube, I'm slowly getting the jist of this!
Looking forward to playing this after so long!

In case you're interested: http://www.wildwestexodus.com/

2. Spiderfang Clan
Some of you may or may not know but I have a fairly large Spider army for Age of Sigmar by Games Workshop. Most who are reading this Blog will also know that I really, REALLY don't paint well so I outsource this to someone else (Steve - @furryjamhats).
Now, I want this done as quickly as possible, so Steve has knocked these up in next to no time. All that really needs doing is the eyes on each spider (something I'm nearly capable of)!



They are looking pretty good. Only another 80 spider riders to go, 3 Araknaroks and the big boss on spider!

Loads to look forward to over the coming week! I've also got Guild Ball and Warmachine on the table to paint and play!

Thanks for reading.
I'll see you soon!

@geekphotoguy

No comments:

Post a Comment