Friday 13 January 2017

Moonstone: The Game - Firespitter Edition


Well Hello!
Welcome back!

Here's a little something different on this post about a game which has appeared on Kickstarter recently and has actually just come back up for Late Backing (https://moonstone-fantasy-skirmish-game.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders).

As soon as I saw this game and the models attached with it I instantly loved it and knew I had to back the full game when it arose but first came the 'tester' kickstarter to gauge interest in the range.
I did back this original kickstarter many moons ago but due to me blocking the backing/pledge manager on my e-mail, I hadn't recieved any e-mails whatsoever from any of the projects which I'd backed.
When I eventually sorted my mistake out after it had been pointed out to me, I got my original model!




This model is called the Firespitter from the Goblin faction of Moonstone. I won't got in to too much detail tonight about the game but the basic premise is that you are working at night to collect 'Moonstones' which are a precious resource. Each faction uses the moonstones to their own end and each faction has a very unique style of both play and models.
If you're interested in more information have a look here in the Moonstone Development Group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/159322051100751/)

Each model comes with a rule card and unique abilities.



Like many skirmish games, there are up to 6 of your models on the table at any one time - so not much to juggle.
***I did forget to mention this game can be played from 2 - 4 players at any one time!***














A really nice looking model and I can't wait to get the rest of my Kickstarter for the full game!
It will come as no surprise to those who know me that I've gone for the Fairie faction!
But look, LOOK! How pretty!




I know I haven't gone into much detail, it was just a quick 'show and tell' but when I get everything in full, I will go through the whole game in step by step stages. Videos have been posted on YouTube too which go through the game and are pretty good!

That's all from me, for now!

Thanks for reading.
I'll see you soon!

@geekphotoguy

No comments:

Post a Comment