Saturday 10 January 2015

The Great 2015 Challenge! ToMB and the WS10 Challenge

There have been many conversations over various social media about the mass backlog of figures that have been accumulated over the past year (or 20)!

I am going to attempt to get two challenges done this year - ToMB2 and the Great WS10 Challenge...

The concept for both is fairly simple - paint minis and play games each month!
I attempted to do ToMB last year with Pandora and Dreamer but unfortunately I was completely shit at it because there was too much plastic crack to buy that I couldn't contain myself so the project fell apart!
This time, it's slightly different as I've learnt to contain myself (sometimes). ToMB stands for Tale of Malifaux Bloggers and although I blog about other projects, I would like to consider myself a Malifaux player / blogger! So, I will be trying it this year with... a master not yet decided upon!
I would do it with Zoraida, but I want to use Neverborn in tournaments so I need to get a load o shizzle together quickly! I may try a Neverborn master that I won't use as much but... I really don't dig Pandy or Lilith so I'm not that fussed!

I think though I've narrowed it down to 3 options:

Lucius
Ironsides
Marcus

The rules (which are below) are fairly simple. The rules I've posted are from last year but I would imagine that they are the same unless Mr Ben Sime decides differently!

Month 1: You have $60 to spend on starting up a crew
Every other month you receive $25 (virtual cash)
Money can be carried over from month to month if you don't spend it
You can choose to run multiple masters if you so wish which can come from the same pool of $60 or you can run two separate pools of cash!
The month stretches from the 17th of one month to the 16th of another!

This means, I've got one week before January starts, although there has been no official confirmation when this event starts so I'm going for Feb to start this piece of work!

I've narrowed down the masters to the three for the following reasons:

Lucius: Haven't played Guild but playing Neverborn I can use some of those models later on after the project has ended. I've seen him played a few times and I think it would be interesting to use him, especially with his movement tricks.
Ironsides: A combat driven Arcanist Master which is right in my playstyle. I haven't had any affiliation for the Arcanist faction so this would be something new. For this, I will need to look around for some proxy models still keeping within the budget. She is so underplayed - for obvious reasons - that it would break up the usual sights across the table.
Marcus: Again an Arcanist, but this time an affiliation with beasts which appeals to me because I can get Silurids, Waldgiests and a leaping sabertooth (eventually) on the board! He'd be a good master to play because there is so much variety to playstyle and the access he has to a whole range of cross-faction beasts

PLEASE, if you have a vote for this - let me know as I would be really interested to hear what you think! 

Now, onto the WS10 Challenge. Nige (@NigelSBartlett) has concocted a scheme in which we all paint a set amount of points per month and get them on the tabletop. The problem we have at our gaming group is we have many different systems being played so finding one for everyone to paint is always difficult. What we've managed to come up with is - as many points as possible to paint each month (as much as manageable) and get them on the table! So, what I'm going to do is this - I'm going to do ToMB and get those models painted to feed into this project and then get my Tau army painted up to which I've already started!

After looking at my cases of Malifaux and GW, I've got a bit to paint. I know people say this but I will need to paint what I've got first. Particularly the GW models! I do have some Warmachine/Hordes stuff coming too so that'll need to be done on top of everything else! A lot to do it seems!

All of this progress I will of course pop up on here!

Meanwhile, I've got these beauts on the table ready to go for next week!!!



For now, thanks for reading!

I'll see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment