Friday 23 January 2015

ToMB2 - A new beginning

It seems that everything currently is very up and down! First the Malifools stop recording and then I get the opportunity to do ToMB2: Revenge of the Blogger!

I blogged a while ago about painting projects and ToMB so I want to go over a few key points. Ben (@psientologist) is the instigator this time (blame him... blame him lots) and so he has set the rules! Can I also take the opportunity to point out that anyone can be a part of this no matter what stage of Malifaux they are at! I would encourage players who are thinking about the game or who have just started to get involved as it is an excellent way of learning your crew and keeping to a strict spending budget. Doing it with others is also a great way of keeping going with the hobby!

The rules:
  • Each participant picks a faction (master in the case of ToMB)
  • Each participant gets an "allowance" each month.
  • Each participant can spend up to that allowance and save any excess.
  • Each month the participants should paint and show off their months spending finished.
  • Also each month each participant speaks about their thoughts and what they are learning.
    • This may be games
    • Tactics
    • Painting and hobby ideas
    • Traditionally this also had ways of saving cash
  • All this would run for a set amount of months, usually four to six.

Additional Rules

  • Month one each player gets £40/$60 to start their Tale
  • Months two to four players will get £15
  • If enough participants would like to continue a fifth and sixth month will happen (at £15)
  • Each month players must have their purchases built and painted or we will give them a forfeit.
    • Forfeit decided later, probably donations to WAAC
    • There will be an (fairly obvious) allowance if someone somehow overloads on model
  • This is meant to be building on a budget, so all though basing materials, glue etc. will not be included in spending it should probably be mentioned.
  • Each participant must blog their photos, what they have learnt etc.
    • Minimum 1 blog a month.

Now... Picking a crew. I asked the question what should I go with? The answer was fairly clear... I'm going with a master from a faction I have never played before. It is also a master that I have not seen on the tabletop at tournaments or even in friendly play. It is one that I've heard of before but never experienced... so... I will be playing - Ironsides!

Yes, yes, she doesn't have a crew box but I am looking to use the money to get suitable proxies for the table! The start date is the 2nd Feb and the end of the first month is 9th March!

What do I need? Well, to start with I need a crew box: Ironsides, Mouse, The Captain, 3 Oxfordian Mages.

Proxies? I haven't quite decided however I think that I may start with the multi part men and women's kit and get hold of some fancy bases so I can make those models look special! I need a careful think but I will post it up as soon as I know!

I'll also be posting when I've played games with them and my progress in painting!

If you want to get involved (and I suggest you do) then contact Ben on Twitter (@psientologist), via the forums or on his blog (http://malibros.blogspot.co.uk/) 

No comments:

Post a Comment